Nowadays, air fryers are no longer strange to us in our daily lives. More and more air fryer brands are trying to improve their products by integrating more features than traditional air fryers.
One of the disadvantages that a traditional air fryer has is its low capacity and efficiency, you may have encountered a case of waiting for the french fries to be cooked first and then waiting again to cook the next roast chicken. This is really a waste of your time.
Instead, we may use an air fryer with shelves to cut down on cooking time by dividing the fryer into two or three parts. These shelves provide you with additional cooking space, allowing you to prepare more meals for your large family. You may also cook two different items at the same time without having to worry about the flavor.
It is also very flexible in use and easy to clean. Come on, let’s get to the Top 6 Best Air Fryers With Shelves in our review below!
Table of Contents
- Top 6 Best Air Fryer With Shelves – Review 2022
- What is an Air Fryer with Shelves and How Does It Work?
- Advantages and Disadvantages of an Air Fryer with Shelves
- Things to Consider When Buying the Best Air Fryer with Shelves
- How to Use an Air Fryer with Shelves
- How to Clean The Best Air Fryer with Shelves?
- FAQs about the Best Air Fryer with Shelves
Top 6 Best Air Fryer With Shelves – Review 2022
#1. GoWISE USA GW44800-O Deluxe 12 Air Fryer
With 12.7 quarts of cooking capacity, the GoWISE USA GW44800-O Deluxe 12 Air Fryer is one of the largest on the market while yet being small enough to fit on your counter. The air fryer has three shelves, allowing you to prepare a significant amount of food. These racks allow you to cook a significant quantity of food in a single batch as well as two different types of meals at the same time.
The air fryer has rotisserie and dehydrating features. You can dehydrate your favorite vegetables, turkey, jerky, and other foods with the trays. Remove the trays to create room for a complete turkey to be rotisseried with the accompanying rotisseries accessories.
Cooking times and temperatures are no longer a guessing game with 15 options and an easy-to-read control display. Without ever having to turn on the stove, you can cook for convenience or impress. When you’re through, the stainless-steel interior and removable, non-stick drip pan make cleanup a breeze.
The air fryer comes with ten attachments, including everything you’ll need to quickly prepare a delicious supper.
A rotisserie tong, rotisserie rod, oven rack, drip pan, skewer rotisserie, rotisserie cage, rotisserie steak cage, shallow mesh basket, and two mesh trays are included in the set of accessories. All of the accessories may be washed in the dishwasher and are simple to clean by hand.
Besides, it also comes with 50 step-by-step recipes to help you get the most out of your new kitchen gadget. Get more recipes, tips, and tricks.
#2. Instant Vortex Plus 10 Quart Air Fryer with Shelves
Instant Vortex Plus 10 Quart Air Fryer 7-in-1: Air fry, broil, bake, roast, dehydrate, reheat, rotisserie, toast, warm, convection oven is another popular air fryer in the shelf area.
The air fryer comes with three racks and a 10-quart cooking capacity. The air fryer’s dimensions are 13.23 x 13.23 x 14.37 inches, which allows it to store enough food for large families, as well as side dishes, snacks, and rotisserie chicken.
With the air fryer, you may now experience the flavor of healthy fried meals. Even crip technology is used in the air fryer. This technique allows your food to have a uniformly crispy texture on the exterior while remaining supple and juicy on the inside.
The glass pane allows you to keep an eye on the cooking process without having to open the air fryer. A computerized control system is included with the air fryer. The time, temperature, and cooking modes are all displayed on the little LED display. You may also change the time and temperature to suit your recipe’s needs.
One of the advantages of using the Instant Vortex Plus 10 Quart Air Fryer is that it is simple to clean. To clean the interior cooking area, you’ll need a cloth.
The non-stick cook chamber allows you to prepare your food without using oil or creating a mess. The drip pan, cooking trays, rotisserie basket, Rotisserie spit, and forks that come with the kit are all dishwasher safe.
#3. Cuisinart TOA-60 Convection Toaster Oven Airfryer
Cuisinart was one of the first manufacturers to introduce a toaster oven air fryer that can toast, bake, convection bake, and air fry all at the same time. High/low convection fan speed settings, convection bake, convection broil, pizza, roast, bagel, reheat, warming function, defrost, and dual cook with a broad temperature range (80°F to 450°F) are all included in this quality 1800-watt toaster oven and air fryer.
The Cuisinart TOA-60 Convection Toaster Oven Airfryer has the capacity to toast six pieces of bread, air fry three pounds of chicken wings, Bake a 12-inch pizza, or roast a four-pound bird.
With a clever, user-friendly design that includes an adjustable timer thermostat, a 60-minute timer/auto-shutoff, and a toast shade selector timer, your meals will be cooked to perfection.
This device includes the necessities, including an oven light, oven rack, baking pan, and air fryer rack/basket, as well as a nonstick easy-clean interior for quick mess cleaning. When used in your kitchen, it does not generate a lot of noise.
#4. Chefman 6.3 Quart Digital Air Fryer
The Chefman digital air fryer has a capacity of 6.3 liters and two shelves that split the cooking surface into three tiers, as its name indicates. As a result, you may simply prepare more dishes in a single batch of cooking without the taste becoming contaminated. It is also suited for families of 5-6 persons or more with such a capacity.
The Chefman 6.3 Quart Digital Air Fryer may be used as an air fryer, rotisserie oven, or dehydrator, making it ideal for almost any cooking operation. Make healthier versions of your favorite fries, roast a whole chicken, or dry that pineapple you’ve been wanting to eat.
This multi-functional air fryer cooks quicker than an oven and requires no preheating, allowing you to get a healthy, crispy fried finish with up to 98 percent less oil than traditional fryers. The capacitive touch screen display is simple to operate, and the temperature range of 90-400 degrees and eight preset choices make any culinary chore simple – from frying and roasting to dehydrating and baking!
The internal light helps you watch the cooking process while you’re cooking. Two air flow racks, a rotisserie spit and forks, a rotating basket/retrieval tool, and a drip tray come included with the air fryer.
Cleaning is a pleasure thanks to the removable drip tray and dishwasher-safe components. Chefman provides a 1-year warranty on the cETL, which is approved with superior safety technologies for long-term durability.
#5. GoWISE USA GW22956 7-Quart Electric Air Fryer
The GoWISE USA GW22956 7-Quart Electric Air Fryer is the next product on our list of the best air fryer with shelves that we would like to propose to you. The fryer, as its name suggests, has a capacity of 7 liters, making it ideal for a family of 5-6 people. With the push of a button, you can easily cook a full chicken or 4-5 burgers without heating up the home.
Its air fryer basket is oblong in form, allowing for more cooking in a single layer than circular baskets, which is very useful for dehydrating. This GoWise air fryer has three additional stackable shelves, which sets it different from other air fryers on the market. You can air fry and dehydrate up to four layers at a time with the stacking racks.
Rapid air technology is used in the air fryer. This method minimizes the amount of oil used in your food by up to 85% on a daily basis. With an extended cooking period of up to 60 minutes and a temperature range of 180°F to 400°F, the cooking choices are unlimited.
This extra-large air fryer has eight cooking modes to help you save time and space. All-in-one appliance: air fry, roast, broil, dehydrate, grill, bake, reheat, or keep warm. A comprehensive touchscreen menu on the huge control panel makes it simple to pick a function, set a time and temperature, and start cooking with the touch of a button.
Not only does it make cooking easier, but it also makes cleanup easier. The crisper plate and detachable pan are both dishwasher safe. PFOA-free materials are used in the accessories and plate.
They’re simple to clean by hand or in the dishwasher. You will receive a 100-recipe book with your air fryer, which will assist you in getting started with the air fryer.
#6. NUWAVE Brio 15.5-Quart Large Capacity Smart Air Fryer
This NUWAVE air fryer is ideal for a large family or a small party, with a capacity of 15.5 and three frying racks, including one cooking rack, one mesh rack, and one drip tray. These racks have split the cooking zone vertically to improve the air fryer’s cooking efficiency.
The 15.5qt Brio cooks crispy tasty fried dishes without messy oil or unnecessary fats and calories thanks to super-heated air and a revolutionary air-flow design. You can air-fry all of your favorite foods thanks to Flavor-Infusion Technology.
Even without defrosting, you can cook from frozen. It’s the ideal balance of capability and adaptability. Ideal for busy families on the go!
Because of the advanced cooking technique and enormous capacity, it can be used for almost every meal of the day. The air fryer has a digital control system that allows you to turn it on and off, adjust the temperature, set the timer, and select cooking modes precisely.
The remaining time and temperature are displayed on the LED display. You can air fry, broil, roast, grill, sear, bake, reheat, and even dehydrate all in one device on your countertop, with a temperature range of 100F to 400F.
The air fryer comes with an integrated temperature probe, rotisserie kit, owner’s manual with recipes, and 100 preprogrammed presets. The auto shut-off feature ensures that no food is overdone.
The Brio comes with high-quality stainless steel racks and a drip tray made of stainless steel. Cleanup is quick and straightforward because all of the parts go into the dishwasher.
What is an Air Fryer with Shelves and How Does It Work?
An Air Fryer
An air fryer is essentially a smaller version of a convection oven. Because it is such a small space, the air can get very hot very quickly, circulate around the food, and cook it quickly, resulting in a crispy surface without drying out the interior.
How does It Work
The top of most air fryers has a concentrated heat source, which is linked to a huge fan that circulates the hot air. This design, as well as other features like the use of perforated trays for enhanced airflow and a small-capacity chamber for a high-heat environment, leads food to cook fast.
These gadgets just take a few minutes to warm, so they’re faster than deep-frying from start to finish.
We conducted several studies in-house and discovered that most foods cook best at high temperatures, such as 40ºF, for short periods of time. Smaller foods don’t need to be tossed or turned, but bigger ones should for the most consistent results. Furthermore, we noticed that these appliances did not release any cooking scents throughout our tests.
Read More: The 8 Best Air Fryer Without Teflon – Tips and Buying Guide in 2022
Advantages and Disadvantages of an Air Fryer with Shelves
Advantages of an Air Fryer with Shelves
- The racks separated the cooking surface into discrete segments, allowing you to cook more food in one batch.
- This is the most significant benefit of using an air fryer with a rack. You may use the rack to make numerous layers within the fryer and cook multiple dishes at once. These shelves also allow you to cook two distinct types of food at the same time without the flavors becoming contaminated.
- The main aim of an air fryer rack is to make it easier for people to dehydrate food. Because the racks supply heat from all four directions simultaneously, dehydrating food on a rack produces a superior outcome than dehydrating food in a basket. You may use it as a food dehydrator to dry vegetables, fruits, poultry, and beef jerky.
- When compared to air fryers with baskets, air fryers with shelves have a larger frying chamber.
- It will be simple to load and unload your culinary ingredients.
- Remove the shelves to create room for the turkey on the rotisserie.
- It’s simple to clean the shelves.
Disadvantages of an Air Fryer with Shelves
- The most significant disadvantage of employing a rack is that it cannot accommodate too many large pieces of food without impeding the passage of hot air within the cooking chamber.
- You can’t use the shelves in an air fryer to cook marinated dishes since the drippings would end up all over the basket. Furthermore, if you cook a juicy burger on the rack while preparing some sides on the bottom level, the marinated burger will flow down to the dish cooking beneath it.
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Air Fryer with Shelves
- Size: Your demands and available space will decide the size of your air fryer. How many people will you be feeding at once? A smaller size is ideal for one to two individuals, but a larger one is ideal for three or more.
- Style: Basket-style air fryers are ideal for small batches and foods that are easy to shake, such as fries and vegetables; air fryer ovens are larger and can air fry food on multiple shelves, but they require more monitoring and food must be rotated frequently during cooking; air fryer toaster ovens can perform multiple cooking functions in addition to air frying.
- Multiple cooking functions: The most crucial decision to make is whether you want an air fryer that just performs one thing or one that does a number of things. Fortunately, the air fryers with shelves on this list include a dehydrator, rotisserie, bake, fry, and other culinary capabilities. As a result, you won’t have to spend any further money on other kitchen appliances.
- Cooking capacity: Before purchasing an air fryer, the most significant consideration is its frying capacity. What you wish to cook in your air fryer determines the size of the. Are you going to use it mostly for yourself, perhaps to make a single biscuit or reheat leftovers? Is it planned to be used for frequent family dinners? So, when you buy an air fryer, be sure to verify the frying capacity; otherwise, you could have problems with it. It should be mentioned, however: Air fryers with basket inserts (which appear more like toaster ovens) are measured in terms of their internal cubic inches, while those with rack inserts (which look more like toaster ovens) are measured in terms of how many quarts they contain.
- Easy cleaning: After each usage, you’ll need to wash the basket and pan. Some must be hand-washed, while others may be put in the dishwasher. Dishwasher-safe shelves or racks should be devoid of BPA chemicals. The inner cooking area should be non-stick to prevent food residue from sticking to the air fryer’s surface. (Note: The machine’s primary parts should only be cleaned with a cloth.)
- Price: Digital air fryers are more expensive than mechanical air fryers, while stainless steel air fryers are more expensive than plastic air fryers. Air fryers may be purchased for as little as $40 and as much as $300. Many of the best air fryers we’ve found cost under $100 and are frequently on sale.
- Choice of pre-set programs: Do you like to control the temperature and duration of cooking, or do you prefer to leave it to the machine? Some of our fryers featured as many as nine pre-set settings for popular dishes like chips and, oddly enough, shrimp.
- Transparent lid: Some versions include a see-through top, allowing you to see inside and see how well your chips are browning. Others need you to stop the machine and open the basket to verify. Transparent ones are more common on more costly PCs, so you’ll have to consider how vital transparency is to you.
How to Use an Air Fryer with Shelves
These gadgets are simple to operate and clean. Always refer to the manufacturer’s instructions, however most people will stick to the following guidelines:
Step 1: Preheat before cooking
Many air fryers require some time to warm up before frying. Preheat the fryer to 375 degrees Fahrenheit for three to five minutes, depending on the size of the fryer. This is to prevent your food from being burned later on when frying!
Step 2: You should defrost food before cooking
Overloading your air fryer, especially with frozen meals, might result in sloppy or inconsistent cooking results, just like traditional frying. Furthermore, it may lengthen the cooking time.
To avoid burning or undercooking any food, follow the directions in the handbook for cooking time, temperature, and quantity of food.
Step 3: Flip while frying
Remember to adequately batter and/or bread your meal before placing it in the air fryer, and flip your food halfway through the cooking procedure.
Keep an eye on your meal as it cooks as well. This will allow you to alter the time as needed and will assist you in becoming accustomed to your new appliance.
Step 4: Clean the air fryer after cooking
After you’ve finished cooking and the gadget has cooled down, don’t forget to clean it. Food particles might become stuck in the nooks and crannies, accumulating over time and causing problems.
How to Clean The Best Air Fryer with Shelves?
Don’t forget to unplug your air fryer. Allow for 30 minutes of cooling time. Then, to clean the finest air fryer with shelves, follow the procedures below:
- Remove the air fryer’s removable internal components. Soak for at least 20-30 minutes in a washtub or sink filled with water and dishwashing solutions to release any food particles caught within. Some of the pieces may be dishwasher friendly; if you want to clean them in the dishwasher, see your instructions.
- Clean the surface of the air fryer with a rack using sponges and brushes from top to bottom, sides, and any other locations where filth might hide! With a clean moist towel, wipe away the soap.
- Before reassembling, make sure all detachable components and the main unit are completely dry.
- Keep it in a safe place! Use a clean, dry spot with shelves to store the air fryer, such as beneath the sink or another storage room that isn’t commonly used, so it lasts longer and doesn’t rust!
Attention: Never use scouring pads or anything else abrasive on your air fryer since it may cause parts to become brittle and break down much sooner than planned. For safety reasons, always check if the inner liner has warped or deformed before using it for the next batch of food.
Ensure that the inner liner does not come into contact with the heating surface at any time since this might result in a fire danger!
FAQs about the Best Air Fryer with Shelves
#1. Are Air Fryers Healthy?
Are Air Fryers Safe to Use?
While utilizing an air fryer to prepare a meal can be a healthier option to deep-frying, doing so alone does not make it healthier. “A common misunderstanding is that air-frying pre-fried foods (such as packaged frozen chicken nuggets or fish sticks) make them healthier.
Although air frying is a fantastic method to crisp up frozen meals, it is no healthier than cooking them in a traditional oven “Dana White, MS, RD, ATC, a health and nutrition specialist for the Food Network, agrees.
Air frying is a healthier alternative to deep-fat frying since it uses convection cooking rather than oil, which results in less fat in the finished product and hence less calories.
However, there are certain disadvantages to air frying, thus it should only be used as part of a well-balanced diet. In our guide – Is Air Frying Healthy? – you can learn more about the health benefits of air fryers.
#2. Can I use my air fryer without the shelves?
Yes. The air fryer’s shelves are an optional attachment that may be used to cook many sorts of food at the same time. These are simple to take out and put back in. So, if they’re not needed, you can take them out and cook with the fryer basket instead.
#3. How often should I clean the shelves on my Air Fryer?
Cleaning your Air Fryer with shelves after each use is crucial since it helps avoid rust on its structure, which we often don’t see but may cause problems later. If you have a non-stick coated air fryer with shelves, you may simply need to wipe out any fats or oils remaining between uses instead of soaking it in water.
Air fryers are excellent traditional kitchen gadgets. They can not only air fry and bake, but also rotisserie, dehydrate, roast, grill, and do a variety of other tasks in the kitchen.
They don’t take up any additional room on your kitchen counter and may also be used to replace other traditional ovens. However, as compared to basket-style air fryers, an air fryer with shelves offers certain additional benefits.
You can only cook one sort of food at a time in a basket-style air fryer. An air fryer with shelves, on the other hand, allows you to cook a variety of foods without compromising their tastes in a single batch of cooking.
Hope our Top 6 Best Air Fryers With Shelves article above will help you choose the best suitable air fryer with shelves for your chicken.