Nowadays, most people enjoy using an air fryer. Because, it reduces the amount of oil on food and saves a lot of time to cook at home, some even skip defrosting their ingredients when they are in a rush.
Does this solution affect the quality of the dish? Can you put frozen raw meat in an air fryer? The answer is right in this article. For this reason, check it out now!
Table of Contents
- Can You Put Frozen Raw Meat In An Air Fryer?
- How To Cook Frozen Raw Meat?
Can You Put Frozen Raw Meat In An Air Fryer?
Cooking frozen meat takes longer than usual. At the same time, many people find it time-consuming and inconvenient to defrost food first. What is the solution to this problem? It’s the air oven that was born to be your savior.
Thanks to advanced technology, cooking has never been easier. That’s why, your air fryer can cook most kinds of foods directly, including frozen raw meat. After that, the dish is still delicious and healthy without defrosting frozen food.
How To Cook Frozen Raw Meat?
This section will introduce some simple recipes for making frozen raw meat.
#1. Delicious Frozen Pork Loins
Pork loin is a delicious and nutritious dish. Conventional cooking usually lasts up to 2 hours or more with frozen food to cook this food. Now, you can finish it in just 60 minutes with the help of the invention. Here is the easiest method:
- Prepare frozen pork loin, optional oil, and seasoning.
- Apply oil to the pork loin and spread evenly over the skin. Then marinate the meat with all the spices prepared earlier.
- Turn on your fryer and preheat at 180 ° C
- Place the meat in the basket and set the time to 55 minutes.
- Once done, pierce it with a knife to check for doneness. If the meat is oozing clear liquid, you can take it out and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing. If not, fry for another 5-10 minutes.
#2. Tasty Frozen Turkey Meatball
Many recipes, for example, spaghetti and hamburgers, require turkey meatballs as the main ingredient. However, using frozen ones prevent your dish from drying out or crumbling. Let’s check out how to do it with your functional machine:
- Increase the temperature to 200°C and preheat the fryer.
- Put the meatballs in the appliance. It would be best to place one layer at a time.
- Turn your fryer on again for 9 minutes. During this stage, shake the basket a few times so that the meatballs cook evenly on all sides.
#3. Appetizing Frozen Beef Steak
For those who are new to cooking, adjusting the appropriate time and temperature is a difficult task. Quite unfortunately, these two factors greatly affect the doneness of a steak. Hence, don’t worry because you’ve got an amazing air fryer. We will show you how to cook tasty frozen steak in it.
- Season the frozen steak with salt, pepper, and any ingredient to your desires. Besides that, brushing a layer of olive oil on the surface can keep the meat succulent.
- Preheat your appliance first. Then place the steak in the basket and cook for 7 minutes at 160°C. Also, this setting results in medium-rare. Nevertheless, you can adjust the time and temperature based on your favorite dish.
- On the second time, flip to the other side and fry for another 10 minutes until the steak reaches your favorite doneness.
- Take the steak out when it’s good enough. And, cutting the meat after 5-10 minutes resting could enhance its taste.
#4. Yummy Frozen Breaded Pork Tenderloin
This dish is famous for being crispy on the outer layer but remains succulent on the inside. Though it’s that engaging, not many people can enjoy it regularly due to the unhealthiness coming from excess oil.
That’s where the wonderful air oven becomes more useful than ever. It can give you crispy breaded tenderloin without using too much oil, as popular methods do. Let’s follow the instructions to create this dish.
- Prepare a bowl of egg, milk mixture, and a bowl of bread crumbs.
- Cut pork loin into bite-sized pieces. Pound them until the thickness is about 1/4 inch.
- After dipping each piece in the milk and egg mixture, roll it over in breadcrumbs.
- Spray nonstick cooking oil in the preheated basket.
- Place a layer of breaded loin in the appliance. Cook for 15 minutes at 204°C. Remember to turn both sides evenly until they turn golden brown and crispy.
Read More: Can You Cook Two Things At Once In An Air Fryer? – An Informative Guidance
Many of you must have had plenty of questions even after reading through our post. Check out this section for a further explanation.
#1. Do You Need To Defrost Meat Before Air Frying?
The answer is No! Your air fryer can handle all kinds of frozen meat such as meatballs, ribs, or steak. Immediately after taking the ingredients out of the fridge, you can put them in the appliance and let it do its job.
It may take longer to cook the frozen food, but the quality remains the same. We highly recommend you adjust the temperature just right for the meat to cook thoroughly. If possible, it would enable you to cut your meat into thin slices.
#2. Can You Put Frozen Chicken Nuggets In Air Fryers?
Of course, yes. This recipe is a piece of cake. Here is how to do:
- Place the nuggets in your air fryer. You just put it all in one layer. No need to defrost or spray oil.
- Set frying time for 8 minutes with 400°F/205°C. Keep in mind to flip the nuggets to the other side and continue cooking for 2-4 minutes. The temperature needed is the same as the first time.
Hopefully, our post has shown you the answer to “Can you put frozen raw meat in an air fryer?” To sum up, air fryers can serve many delicious recipes without spending too much cooking time. You will never have trouble using this appliance, even with frozen ingredients.
It’s time to try out the amazing dishes mentioned above and treat your family to a great meal!