Do you intend to buy a Ninja SP100 or a Ninja Foodi SP101? Both models are relatively new, and they provide users with a compact but powerful way to cook a variety of foods.
The issue is that many people appear to be mistaking the SP100 for the SP101 and vice versa. I’m sure many people aren’t aware of the distinction between these two Foodi models.
If you are one of them, keep reading to learn more about this Ninja foodi Sp100 Vs Sp101 comparison.
- DIGITAL CRISP CONTROL TECHNOLOGY: Precision-controlled temperature, heat source, and airflow for ultimate versatility and optimum cooking performance.
- 8-IN-1 VERSATILITY: The ultimate meal-making machine with 8-in-1 functionality: Air Fry, Air Roast, Air Broil, Bake, Bagel, Toast, Dehydrate, and Keep Warm all in one powerful, 1800-watt appliance. The height of the interior of this machine is approximately 3".
- LESS FAT: Eat all of your air fried favorites guilt-free with up to 75% less fat when using the Air Fry function vs. traditional deep frying. Tested against hand-cut, deep fried French Fries.
- FASTER COOKING: Cooks up to 60% faster than a traditional oven on Air Roast; 60-second preheat; full meals in as little as 20 minutes.
- LARGE CAPACITY: 45% larger usable pan cooking area vs. the flat surface area of the Cuisinart toa-60 and toa-65 pan. Fits a 13" Pizza, up to 9 slices of toast, or 6 chicken breasts (6–8 oz. each).
[Air Fryer Reviews 2023 by Elysia]
Table of Contents
- What Are the Similarities Between the Ninja Foodi SP100 and the Ninja Foodi SP101?
- What Is the Distinction Between the SP100 vs SP101?
- What makes Ninja unique?
- Frequently Asked Questions:
- #1. Do you have the ability to make an air fryer cake or other desserts?
- #2. How long should I leave the oven before flipping it?
- #3. Is the SP101 cleaning procedure difficult?
- #4. Are there any oil-free air fryers available?
- #5. Will a 5-pound chicken fit inside this unit?
- #6. What is the highest temperature that the SP100 can provide?
What Are the Similarities Between the Ninja Foodi SP100 and the Ninja Foodi SP101?
Despite being different models, Ninja Sp100 and Sp101 became similar after the new SP100 model was released. Let’s look more closely at the similarities.
#1. Design and appearance Ninja Sp100 and Sp101
There are some design differences between these two models, which we will discuss in the following section. At first glance, they may appear to be the same model.
The user interface is also similar – a knot, an indicator of cooking moods, temperature, and timer buttons.
Furthermore, both machines are foldable; when not in use, you can fold them up to save space in your already crowded kitchen.
Furthermore, both have stainless steel housing and round edges. As a result, you can add another point to your kitchen’s aesthetic.
Digital Air Fry Countertop Oven with 8-in-1 Functionality, Flip Up & Away Capability for Storage Space, with Air Fry Basket, Wire Rack & Crumb Tray, Silver
#2. Capacity Ninja Foodi Digital
Although the overall size of these machines differs slightly, the cooking space is the same. Both come with a wire rack to help you make the most of your available space.
A 13-inch pizza, up to 9 slices of toast, or six chicken breasts can be accommodated (6-8 oz. each).
The Ninja foodi air fryer is 45 percent larger than cooking pans and other flat surface cooking appliances.
***Read More: Philips Airfryer Manual – How Do I Start My Philips Airfryer?
#3. Modes of Cooking Digital Air Fryer
As you can see above, the SP 100 and SP 101 have the same cooking modes. These are:
- Air Roasting With this mode, you can achieve the same cooking results as a traditional oven, but at a lower temperature and with cooking times that are 30-40% faster.
- Fry in the air. The standard air fry cooking method uses circulating hot air flow to cook your food.
- Broil in the air. This cooking style, known as grilling in some parts of the world, will brown your food from the upper part of the cooking compartment using the top set of heating elements.
- Baguette. By using slightly less heat in that area than the toast function below, you can toast bagels without burning the top.
- Cook. This is the cooking mode for you if you want to make cakes or pies in your Ninja Foodi!
- Toasted Similar to broiling or grilling, but designed specifically for toasting bread.
#4. The Control Panel Foodi Digital Air
SP100 and SP101, as previously stated, have a similar design, including the control panel. On the control panel, there is a display, a knob, and two buttons for adjusting the temperature.
The timer and temperature are displayed on the screen. You select a cooking mood by rotating the knob, and you confirm your method by pressing the knob.
Then, by pressing temperature and time, you can change the pre-programmed temperature or time and proceed in the same manner as before.
It may appear complicated, but when using the machine for the first time, you may not even need to consult the manual.
Read More: Dash Deluxe Air Fryer Quick Instruction – Tips and Tricks
#5. Wattage Ninja Foodi Oven
The Foodi SP100 and SP101 are both said to be 1800 watts. That’s pretty standard for an air fryer ovens.
#6. Performance Air Fryer Oven
In terms of performance, both machines are nearly identical. They require 1800 watts of power to cook food at a faster rate.
As a result, both ovens are 60% faster than conventional ovens. Preheat in 60 seconds and prepare a complete meal in less than 20 minutes.
And, as you may know, both devices are versatile, offering multiple cooking methods in a single unit. However, after only a few minutes of cooking, you can tell the difference, with SP101 being slightly superior.
What Is the Distinction Between the SP100 vs SP101?
#1. Options for Cooking
Both machines, as you are aware, are multifunctional devices. They can be used for a variety of tasks, so they not only save your kitchen countertop but are also convenient to use.
#3. The Size
The cooking area on the SP100 and SP101 is the same size. Their overall size, however, differs.
The remarkable thing about them is that they can be folded up after cooking. This way, they will take up less space.
The Ninja SP101 measures 19. 7″ in width, 7. 5″ in height, and 15. 1″ in depth. SP100, on the other hand, measures 23.75 x 17.75 x 9.88 inches.
So, they aren’t exactly compact, but given that they perform multiple tasks, this is reasonable.
Read More: Bring Comfort To Household With Breville Bov900bss Review
#4. The Price
The Ninja SP100 and SP101 air fryers are both entry-level models. They are neither overpriced nor underpriced. The SP100 will set you back $150 after it has been updated.
SP101, on the other hand, is usually $230. However, when on sale, it can be purchased for less than $200. However, there is a significant price difference between these models.
So, make sure to compare them carefully before deciding which to purchase!
#5. It Is Possible to Dehydrate
Finally, we arrive at the subtle distinction between the two models that has everyone perplexed. The dehydrate function is also included in the SP101, whereas the SP100 does not. It’s a minor distinction, but it’s critical if you enjoy dehydrating!
What makes Ninja unique?
So, the mystery surrounding the Ninja foodi models SP100 compared to SP101 air fryer ovens and all of their features has been solved.
Hence, here’s my question: Ninja, why? All of this anguish and perplexity for a minor dehydration function.
Personally, I don’t understand the point! They should have just released one model.
How does a dehydrate function work? It simply means that the air fryer can be set to lower temperatures that would not normally be used when doing regular air frying.
This could have easily been incorporated into both models! Please correct me if I’m wrong about ninjas.
The only other thing is that if you want to dehydrate in an air fryer, you must ensure that it has adequate ventilation, but both models are identical in this regard!
So, once again, I’m curious as to why Ninja chose this path. What are your thoughts? Please leave your thoughts in the section below!
Read More: Top 8 Best Air Fryers Under $100 Reviews In 2021
Frequently Asked Questions:
#1. Do you have the ability to make an air fryer cake or other desserts?
That is possible with the Ninja SP100 and SP101 air roasters. For such desserts, simply use the baking mode and cook for a longer period of time.
#2. How long should I leave the oven before flipping it?
My test takes thirty minutes to cool down on both the Ninja SP100 and the Ninja SP101. After that, you can turn your machine around. However, when their door is open, the cooling process is much faster.
#3. Is the SP101 cleaning procedure difficult?
Cleaning is difficult with this type of device. However, Ninja SP101 reduced the difficulty by making the back part of it openable.
#4. Are there any oil-free air fryers available?
There are numerous brands of air dryers on the market today. Some models, in fact, do not require oil. However, they rarely provide the same level of evenness and crunchiness as oiled models.
#5. Will a 5-pound chicken fit inside this unit?
No, you can’t air roast a whole 5lb chicken in these ovens. However, you can roast individual parts by cutting them down.
#6. What is the highest temperature that the SP100 can provide?
It can reach temperatures of up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. The same is true for SP101. Unless you want to bake something that requires high heat, I believe this temperature range is adequate for most people.
Read More: How To Use Air Fryer Rack -Things to Know
Hopefully, through this article, you can distinguish Ninja sp100 and sp101.
Hence, which one do you think is best for you? Both of them are excellent in my opinion.
Although the Ninja SP 100 is a little smaller than the SP101, it is also less expensive. So having it will not be a problem.
However, if you want the best, the Ninja Foodi SP101 is the only option. Everything convenient comes with the machine: it is fast, precise, easy to control, and clean.
As a result, I wholeheartedly recommend this multi-purpose air fryer.