Today, parchment paper has become a very useful kitchen item in the preparation of dishes as diverse as pork, chicken, potatoes, cakes, or baked goods. It helps the food retain its full flavor and attractive color. However, many housewives hesitate to buy parchment paper because they do not know whether it can be used in an air fryer or not. If yes, how to use parchment paper in an air fryer properly? Let’s find the correct answer in the article below.
Table of Contents
- Can you use parchment paper in the air fryer?
- Why and when should you use parchment paper in an air fryer?
- How to use parchment paper in your air fryer
- 5+ best parchment papers in an air fryer
- #1. The Numola Air Fryer Liners
- #2. INFRAOVENS Air Fryer Parchment Paper
- #3. GoWISE USA GWA0011 Perforated Parchment Non-Stick Liners
- #4. Air Fryer Parchment Paper, Set of 100
- #5. MineDecor 100 Count Perforated Parchment Paper
- #6. Unbleached Air Fryer Parchment Paper, Set of 200
- #7. 200pcs 8 Inch Air Fryer Parchment Paper
- #8. WRAPOK Air Fryer Liners Steamer
- 3 Tips and tricks for using parchment paper in an air fryer
Can you use parchment paper in the air fryer?
YES. According to research experts, you can completely use parchment paper in an air fryer. Parchment Paper, also known as Baking Paper, is a type of paper coated with a non-stick mixture that helps prevent food from sticking to the bottom of the air fryer during cooking. The main use of parchment paper is as a non-stick lining. It is made of non-stick silicone, so it can withstand temperatures as high as 250℃. At this temperature, parchment paper plays a very important role in the cooking process. Parchment paper is sold in a variety of shapes, can be in large rolls, in files, or is cut in pieces of certain pot molds.
Why and when should you use parchment paper in an air fryer?
Reasons why you should use parchment paper in an air fryer
In fact, the parchment paper in the air fryer has many outstanding advantages for you to choose from, specifically:
- Cheap price: Currently, you can buy parchment paper in supermarkets, stores, or reputable e-commerce platforms at very affordable prices.
- Non-stick ability: Baking paper is coated on both sides with a layer of wax derived from petroleum or organic, making this paper resistant to grease, water, moisture and adhesion very well.
- Good heat resistance: Parchment paper is heat resistant up to 250 degrees, so it does not affect health when used in an air fryer.
- Good oil absorption: Some parchment papers have the maximum ability to absorb oil thanks to the main material being paper.
- Guaranteed food taste: With high heat resistance, no deterioration, and no odor change during cooking, you can use parchment paper in an air fryer without worrying about affecting the quality of the food.
- Easy cleaning: When lined with parchment paper, food will not stick to the frying tray. The baking paper has also been drained of excess oil, so cleaning the pot is also quick and easy. At the same time, it also limits the impact of salt or spices from food, thereby increasing the life of the non-stick layer of the frying tray.
- Diverse models: Parchment paper has many sizes and colors for you to freely choose to suit different types of food or molds.
When should parchment paper be used?
Usually, you can use parchment paper in the cooking process, but in fact, not all foods need to use it. For baked goods, fried foods, breaded dishes, or cakes, you should use parchment paper in an air fryer. You can skip the parchment paper if you’re cooking frozen food, as it’s almost useless for most of these foods.
How to use parchment paper in your air fryer
Using parchment paper in an air fryer is quite simple. However, you need to use parchment properly so as not to affect the taste of food and health.
- Before putting food into the air fryer, you put a perforated sheet of parchment paper on the surface of the frying tray, then start the usual time and temperature setting operations.
- Avoid letting parchment paper touch the edge of the tray and heat bar. Because parchment paper can melt when placed next to the two parts above, causing it to cling to food.
- Replace the parchment paper with a new one after each use, as excess grease will breed bacteria.
- If you want your food not to stick to the parchment paper, apply a layer of butter or oil or spray non-stick.
- Before cleaning the pot, you need to remove this baking paper and then proceed to clean it.
Usually, parchment paper is sold in rolls, large sheets, or pre-cut to fit the size of certain molds. Parchment paper in an air fryer can come in different colors such as brown, white, or ivory, depending on the non-stick material used. In general, the color of the parchment does not affect its quality and non-stick function, so you can use it with confidence.
5+ best parchment papers in an air fryer
Perforated parchment is commonly used with air fryers, and non-perforated parchment is often used for the oven. The reason is that the air fryer heats the food by convection air circulating continuously inside the pot, using perforated paper will help air flow more easily, the food is cooked on both sides more evenly. Therefore, when buying parchment paper, you should pay attention to choosing the right paper for your device! Here are parchment papers in the air fryer you should refer to:
#1. The Numola Air Fryer Liners
This parchment paper in the air fryer is made from 100% food grade pulp, no fluorescent agent so you can enjoy healthy and nice food.
Therefore, it can accelerate the air circulation in the air fryer which helps to maintain the perfect shape and fresh taste of the food. Besides, The Numola Air Fryer Liners have good heat resistance up to 450 °F (230 ℃). It also has a protective coating that limits damage and ensures your air fryer looks like new after many uses.
#2. INFRAOVENS Air Fryer Parchment Paper
This Air Fryer Parchment Paper is one of the best parchment papers in an air fryer and is much loved by housewives. Because it is compatible with many models and brands of air fryers such as Ninja, Philips, Instant Pot, Breville, Sur La Table, Oster, Bella, Kalorik, Emeril Lagasse, Farberware, and More.
It helps prevent grease and food residue from sticking to the pot, which can extend the life and quality of your air fryer.
Also, this parchment paper includes moderate perforations that help dishes cook evenly while keeping your trays and pots looking clean. A perfect air fryer can’t be without such a convenient accessory, right?
#3. GoWISE USA GWA0011 Perforated Parchment Non-Stick Liners
GoWISE USA GWA0011 Perforated Parchment Non-Stick Liners are designed to be greaseproof, waterproof, and non-stick when cooking food in an air fryer.
If you are using a small air fryer, you can simply shred it to fit your pot. With this parchment paper in an air fryer, your cooking and cleanup become super easy. Besides the benefits of cooking, it also has many uses for the kitchen such as making refrigerator liners, cupboard liners, microwave food liners, etc.
#4. Air Fryer Parchment Paper, Set of 100
This set of 100 sheets of parchment paper can be used to line the air fryer tray very effectively. This parchment paper helps protect the mesh side of the air fryer from the effects of salt or other seasonings.
This air fryer liner is manufactured with top quality premium silicone paper so it’s non-toxic, wax-free, and eco-friendly. It is heat resistant up to 450 degrees F, so food is prepared very quickly. However, you do not put it in the air fryer basket and heat it without food on it!
#5. MineDecor 100 Count Perforated Parchment Paper
MineDecor 100 Count Perforated Parchment Paper is produced from the non-toxic and non-stick food-grade pulp. This parchment paper in the air fryer is appreciated for its waterproof, greaseproof, and heat resistance up to 450 ℉ (230 ℃).
Surely all your cooking or baking tasks will become much more convenient. This is a must-have air fryer accessory for your home.
#6. Unbleached Air Fryer Parchment Paper, Set of 200
Unbleached Air Fryer Parchment Paper is extremely resistant to grease and oil, so it keeps your food looking good and intact, and does not affect the taste of the dish.
With a heat resistance of 446 ℉/230 ℃, it’s perfect for any air fryer. In addition to its waterproof and oil-proof properties, you can also use this parchment as a decorative tool and present dishes more fully.
#7. 200pcs 8 Inch Air Fryer Parchment Paper
These 200pcs 8 Inch Air Fryer Parchment Paper are heat resistant up to 450°F (230°C) so housewives can use them with confidence.
This is a really great quality product to line the square air fryer. With only about 15-30 minutes, you can enjoy a full-flavored meal
#8. WRAPOK Air Fryer Liners Steamer
WRAPOK Air Fryer Liners Steamer is also one of the best parchment papers in an air fryer today. With excellent non-stick properties, it keeps your air fryer free of food residue and makes cleanup a breeze.
In particular, with this type of parchment, you are completely assured that your cake or food will still retain its taste, deliciousness, and evenness.
Thanks to the heat transfer ability of the paper, the problem of burning food will not happen. It allows steam and hot air to circulate freely in the air fryer, speeding up the cooking process.
3 Tips and tricks for using parchment paper in an air fryer
- Parchment paper is really necessary for air fryers, both to absorb oil from the food and to prevent food from sticking to the air fryer tray during frying. However, many people use parchment paper incorrectly, causing the paper to burn. Therefore, at the stage of heating the pot for about 5 minutes, you absolutely must not put parchment paper in first. When you are ready to put the food in the pot, you just put the parchment paper on the tray.
- Baking paper can withstand heat in the range of 220 – 250 ℃. If you put it too close to the top heat, it may burn, so you should note that you should only line the stencils on the bottom of the frying basket, away from the heating part of the pot.
- Always use quality parchment paper with a clear origin. It is advisable to choose slightly thick parchment paper to avoid tearing and limit it from sticking to food. To identify poor-quality parchment paper, you can dip the paper in water, good quality parchment will be less or less waterproof. Conversely, poor-quality parchment paper will quickly become soft.
Is it better to use foil paper or parchment paper in an air fryer?
Using parchment paper in an air fryer is considered better than using foil paper because parchment paper reduces bad reactions to food. In fact, some types of foil paper will contain metals such as aluminum, which can react with some acids in food and can be harmful to health.
It can be seen that, compared with foil, parchment paper is safer to use because it is made from pure pulp that is free of harmful chemicals and is environmentally friendly, so it is widely used around the world. Moreover, the baking paper used for air fryers often has pre-perforated holes, so excess oil and standing water can still escape, ensuring the taste and quality of food.
What can I use instead of parchment paper in the air fryer?
It can be seen that parchment paper is quite handy, but in case you can’t find parchment, what can be used instead? Besides parchment paper, what materials can be used with air fryers? In fact, there are quite a few non-stick methods applied instead of parchment paper in the air fryer such as oil, butter, foil, silicone mat, etc.
- The most typical way is to use melted butter or oil to spread evenly over the surface of the mold, this has the same non-stick effect as using parchment paper in an air fryer and is extremely suitable for molds with fussy details.
- Foil paper is also an alternative method. Foil paper is quite thin, light, and easy to shape because it is made of metal. Usually, people use foil to cover the baking tray or line the bottom of the food to make the dish more delicious or to preserve the food.
- Besides, in some cases, you can also replace the parchment paper with a silicone mat. This mat also has a clear anti-stick effect, not inferior to parchment paper, especially, since you can clean them to reuse many times to save costs.
- In addition, you can also use tracing paper (the type of paper commonly used in fine arts). However, this type of paper can only withstand a maximum temperature of about 175 ℃, so it is only suitable for baking certain types of cakes.
Is it Safe to Use Parchment Paper in the Air Fryer?
The air fryer is chosen by many consumers and is an indispensable item in the modern kitchen. However, to ensure effective use, you must find the right lining paper to both maintain the life of the pot and ensure your own safety when using it. According to research experts, it is safe to use parchment paper in an air fryer when preparing food if you use it correctly.
The air fryer works based on the mechanism of body heating (heat source from electricity) and is combined with convection heat dissipation, acting on parchment paper to help food cook evenly. Thanks to the good heat-resistant properties of parchment, food is cooked quickly and reduces the amount of fat in food when baking.
Knowing what parchment paper is and how it works not only helps you use parchment paper in an air fryer effectively, but also demonstrates the knowledge of a professional homemaker. Hopefully, with our sharing about parchment paper, you can take advantage of it to support quick and convenient kitchen work. Don’t forget to visit our website regularly for more interesting information!